Saturday 9 May 2020

Shabby Chic style file folder journal and Traveler's notebook

I decorated the cover front and back using lace and I made the closure out of a fabric trim and a button The journal can be taken out of the folder as I used a narrow elastic band on the spine of the folio so that the journal slots underneath this and makes the journal more useful so when full it can be taken out easily and replaced




I followed a tutorial on youtube by Re Hatched Designs to make the folio. The majority of the folio is made using digital kits from MedievalMirage on Etsy that I printed out using an inkjet printer onto photo paper, the name of the kits are Baroque Beauties


I used oblong kraft envelopes and decorated inside each one with pattern paper from the same digital kit and added lace around the top edges of each envelope. I attached the envelopes together using double-sided tape to make a concertina so that they fold flat when the journal is shut, these can be used for storage of ephemera or anything that is to be kept safe inside the folio

2 comments:

  1. You make the BEST vintage creations ever, Janet. This is stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carole, you always leave such kind and supportive comments on what I make and I really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete