Saturday 9 May 2020

Shabby Chic style decorated paper bag

I made this for a Portrait Challenge, April 2020 on the Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge group on Facebook. 

To start I used a small brown paper bag and gave it a coat of Gesso front, back, the handles and just inside the bag at the top and back as I wanted a Shabby Chic look. I used white cardstock and stencilled over that using the colour Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide in an ink pad



As the stencil is only small and I could not make a continuous pattern for the back of the bag. I used a smaller section of the card that I stencilled using the same colour and design and layered it over the large piece of card, then went around the edges with lace to make it a focal point



The image was added to the front of the bag and a pocket added on the back of the bag.
I then decorated the bag using lace and added a pearl trim and lace to the pocket.

The tags are made using the same stencil design and colour, I then hand stamped rose images onto white card and used for the focal point on the tags.

Finally, I coloured seam binding and flowers using a Peacock feathers Distress Oxide spray and a Distress Oxide ink pad in Cracked Pistachio to match up the colours that I had already used. I then used the flowers and seam binding to decorate the bag


2 comments:

  1. An incredibly beautiful gift bag and tag set. one the colour accents of the stencilling, ribbon and flowers. Gorgeous project, Janet! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carole for your lovely comment

    ReplyDelete