Sunday 10 May 2020

Vintage style bookmarks

I made these for a Nature Challenge with an optional twist of vintage on the Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge group on Facebook and I am also entering the Gecko Galz blog May Customer Challenge called Vintage Botanicals.


The background paper and the images are all from the Gecko Galz






To start I cut brown kraft card to the size I wanted. I papered each bookmark using different paper designs that I tore into random pieces and glued these onto each bookmark. Then I resized an array of different collage sheets in a program on my computer and then printed them out, I wanted the images to be small enough for me to cut each image out to make a collage on each bookmark.


 I made each bookmark in its own colour scheme. When I had fussy the images out I arranged them on each bookmark so that there was no focal point as when finished I wanted to make each one interesting to look at. Finally, I added lace to each bookmark and a lace tab at the top of each one


I want to take part in


Vintage Botanicals May 2020 Customer Challenge

Gecko Galz

Beautiful Blooms May 2020 Challenge


A Vintage Journey




6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful bookmarks, Janet! I love the miniature pictures and the touches of lace. Birds, butterflies and flowers - so lovely! Thank you for joining the Vintage Botanicals challenge at Gecko Galz this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carole for your lovely comment, the bookmarks were fun to make

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bookmarks! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Gecko Galz with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Gecko Galz
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mia for your lovely comment. It has been so much fun creating the bookmarks for the Gecko Galz Challenges

      Delete
  4. Wow, what amazing bookmarks! I love how you collaged the images together and the vintage style with the lace accents is stunning 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment. I am new to joining Blog Challenges. You have very creative people on your blog I have been admiring their work

    ReplyDelete