Saturday 9 May 2020

Vintage style faux front envelope

This is made out of a large envelope. The patterned paper and ephemera that I decorated with are digital images and printed out from My Porch Prints on Etsy and the butterfly tags inside are also digital images printed out from Romantic Letters on Etsy


I used a pretty die-cut frame around the image that I coloured with distress ink to make it stand out from the background and make it a focal point and added little fabric roses that I cut from a fabric trim. The front is in two sections and matched up to make it look like one complete piece when closed


Inside left I added a tuck spot., then in the centre I made a fold-down flap that I decorated using a pretty die-cut frame coloured with distress ink to match the frame on the front cover. On the inside centre section, I made a pocket using the pretty paper and added lace. On the right-hand side, I made a fold-out flap and added a pocket and three tags and lace.


The flap in the centre lifts up, I made a pocket on this and added lace. Tags and ephemera are added to decorate. To finish I used a pretty butterfly image and a label to match 

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! Beautiful papers and images and lots of gorgeous lace.I love the folds and flaps! I honestly would never imagine that this started out as an envelope. Such a clever project! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carole for your lovely comment. There are many ways to use envelopes to make all sorts of different projects

    ReplyDelete