Sunday 10 May 2020

Shabby Chic style tag with a pocket and a small tag


I made this for the May 2020 Technique mask/stencil Challenge on the Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Group on Facebook.


To start I made a large tag out of good quality thick white card and cut it to the size, then I papered the background. Then I stencilled over the background using a Distress Oxide ink pad in Vintage Photo. I lightly went around the edges of the tag and over parts of the design with white gesso to give it a shabby look. 


I made a pocket using the same background paper and lightly shaded through the stencil again with the Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo to give it the same design as I used on the large tag. I then added the image of the bird and decorated the pocket using cheesecloth, lace trim and a small paper flower. Finally, I added a large flat back pearl to the top of the tag.


 
For the smaller tag, I used the same background paper and lightly shaded through the same stencil over the tag with the same colour of  Distress Oxide. I cut a piece of kraft card to size and layered on top of that with cheesecloth and the butterfly image. I added lace to the bottom of the tag and to finish the whole look of the tag I added sari silk tied with string at the top

Images used are from Gecko Galz on Etsy, they are Sunday Times Mini Paper pack, Birds of a feather 2 and Butterfly Dreams 2

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag and pocket, Janet with a lovely stencilled background . Thanks for joining the GG Facebook challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole for your lovely comment

      Delete