Thursday 21 May 2020

Vintage style decorated notebook

I made the notebook for the Gecko Galz Monthly Image Challenge May 2020. The Challenge is to create a craft project using this image and then post it on the Gecko Galz blog using the Linky by the 29th May 2020





To start I took apart a notebook and made my own cover out of Kraft card. For the background, I used a patterned paper that I cut to size and coloured around the edges with Distress ink, then I cut out two different layers of paper, staggering the size of each piece one is of patterned paper from the Sunday Times by the Gecko Galz and then I also used tea-dyed paper and hand-stamped a design on the top right and the bottom left corners to balance it.



The image has been resized to make it the focal point on the front of the notebook. I layered the patterned and the hand-stamped paper on top of each other and then added the image on top of that, before glueing these all down I added a selection of lace trims around the edges of the bottom layered pieced of paper.


For the decoration on the front of the notebook, I added a burlap trim on the top and the bottom. Finally, I added two fabric appliques that I have hand-dyed on the top left and the bottom right of the image and then added the paper flowers.

I want to take part in the Gecko Galz Monthly Image Challenge May 2020



2 comments:

  1. Your vintage notebook cover is gorgeous, Janet! Lovely layers of vintage and tea died paper and lace set the scene for the pretty girl. Beautiful embellishments too. Thanks for joining the Gecko Galz Image Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carole for your lovely comment. It was fun to create a project for the Gecko Galz Image Challenge

    ReplyDelete