Sunday 16 February 2020

Vintage Style Card

The patterned paper and the image are from digital printable sets that I have purchased in the past from My Porch Prints on Etsy

To start I used Kraft card and cut and folded to size. I printed two different patterned sheets and an image onto matt photo paper and cut to size to fit the front of the card. Then I inked around the patterned paper with Vintage Photo Distress ink and around the edges of the image. As the image was very light I went over it lightly with distress ink in Vintage Photo. The frame is cut using a metal cutting die in a pretty design and as this was also white I coloured it with two colours of distress ink in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. I layered the frame to give it more strength.


On the front of the card I added  the papers, a pretty rose paper at the top and the stripe paper on the bottom and added lace where the papers met, then I glued the frame onto the front of the card and then the image on top of that.

I arranged the flowers on the frame on two of the corners and added little pearls to decorate the frame. For the greeting I stamped on white card and went over it lightly with Old Paper Distress Ink. I mounted the greeting onto a piece of white card that I inked using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added a pearl either side to finish.

I want to take part in 

*February Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty, vintage card, Janet! A lovely image and beautiful papers to match. The frame and the flower embellishments really showcase the image. Just beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” February Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole. This is the first time I have entered a blog challenge, it was fun creating this card

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” February Challenge. DT Monika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Monika, it was fun creating this card for the Challenge

    ReplyDelete