Sunday 16 February 2020

Large mixed media tag

 The tag is 8 inches long by 51/4 inches wide. I made the tag for two separate Challenges for February 2020 on the Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Group on Facebook. They are to make a project on the theme of water and the other Challenge is to make a project using any or all of these colours, aqua, teal, green, blue and gold.

To start I used a sheet of Lavinia Stanps Multifarious card in white that I cut to the size that I wanted and then I sprinkled Brusho Crystal Colour in purple, torquoise and ultramarine onto the card placing each colour seperately, I also used Brusho SprinkleIT in gold. Then I sprayed over the Brusho using plain water to activate the colours.




The ornate frame that is lightweight wood I coloured using Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Polish in Rich Red and Gold Treasure.

The beautiful image I purchased from the Gecko Galz on Etsy it is part of a sheet of digital images called Colorful Memaids. I cut an oval shape around the image to fit inside the frame.

The lace borders are from the Sizzix Thinlit Die set called Crochet Lace by Tim Holtz.

 I coloured both lace borders for the top and bottom of the tag with the Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Polish in Rich Red. The flowers in two different colours are from 49 and Market which I arranged around the frame. To finish I coloured some ivory pearls with an alcohol pen in yellow and placed them on the lace borders

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful mermaid tag, Janet! Gecko Galz has some amazing mermaid collage sheets and I think the Colourful Mermaids is one of the best! Love the Brusho background and the lacy edging! Just lovely!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole for your lovely comment

      Delete