Wednesday 29 January 2020


LAVINIA STAMPS PICTURE


I used a six inch square piece of white Lavinia Stamps Mulifarious card. I really like the quality of the card as stamped images look crisp and sharp and do not bleed into the card. I recently purchased a Gel plate and I followed a video tutorial.

I started with Stampin’ Up dye ink pads in two colours that I brayered separately onto the Gel plate. Then using Brusho in only two colours and a fan brush I mixed each of the Brusho’s with water and flicked the colours over the top. I then pressed the white card onto the Gel plate to lift off the background image.

All stamped images are from Lavinia Stamps. I used VersaFine Clair in Nocturne and stamped the Fairy Chain near the centre of the card, then at the top I stamped the Whimsical Whisps and at the bottom of the card I stamped the Fir Trees. 



To ground the fairy image so that it does not look like they are floating in mid air, I tore a piece of paper and on the torn edge and on the fairies feet I shaded using a smoothie and a VersaFine ink pad in Monarch. I stamped around the edges of the card with a Fairy Words verse in VersaFine Nocturne. To shade around the edges of the card I used a smoothie and the VersaFine Monarch. Using liquid pearls in white I dotted around the fairies and on different sections of the vines at the top of the card and then sprinkled holographic glitter over these to add some highlights to the picture

2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable scene, Janet! I do love Lavinia stamps and your dancing fairy scene is so magical. Gorgeous work, Janet. Look forward to seeing more of your gelli plate prints! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole, I had good fun making this and I am really happy with how it turned out

      Delete