Wednesday 1 January 2020

Christmas Vintage Style decorated metal tin and matching small concertina book. 

The size of the tin is 31/2 inches by 21/2 inches. I made these for the December Challenge called Sparkle on the Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Facebook Group.


The images and pattern paper that I used are from the Gecko Galz as follows

Christmas Cuties
Very Vintage Christmas
Altered Christmas 
Grandmothers House

I used a silver metal tin and papered the inside and the outside of the tin. I used red trim around the inside and outside of the base of the tin, and also the outside of the lid. Then I glued an image on the inside base of the tin and also on the lid




The little book was made to fit inside the tin. Using a strip of pattern paper I scored it every 2 inches to make a concertina fold and then edged this with an ink pad using a sponge. I fussy cut the images and sponged each one around the edges. The images were glued onto the paper. I also made pockets for the inside to put little tags inside the book. I edged the pockets with lace and added little red bows. The Father Christmas image was glued to the front of the book and I added a green trim to make it look finished. I glittered parts of the images inside the book and the image on the front of the book and also on top of the lid


2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous little decorated Christmas tin, Janet. I love the tiny accordion book you made - the pocket pages with the lacy trim and tags are delightful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole for your lovely comment

      Delete