Monday 20 July 2020

Vintage style ATCs

I made the ATCs using white card 300Gsm in weight. The backgrounds on all of the ATCs are made using an A4 stamp No 55 from AAll & Create designed by Tracy Evans.

First I stamped the whole image in permanent black ink onto the white card A4 in size. I then cut up the card into 21/2 inches by 31/2 inches pieces.

The backgrounds were coloured with a sponge using Ranger Distress Oxide in spiced marinade and fossilised amber.


I decorated each ATC with different scraps of patterned paper, corrugated card and ephemera. On some of the ATCs I added circles in white card and shaded them to match the background.

The Tim Holtz paper dolls were adhered to each ATC card making sure that each image is grounded. I then added a word for each ATC and adhered them onto the ATC cards. Finally, I went around each image with a fine nibbed pen in black to make the paper dolls stand out from the background

2 comments:

  1. I adore these ATCs Janet - the vintage style is so appealing! The background stamp is perfect for your images and the colours are fabulous. The ephemera adds lots of interest, as does the different textures and the shaped card in the layers. Such a perfect set! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carole. I really like the vintage style as there is so much that can be made using it and does look so nice on most hand made projects

    ReplyDelete