Sunday 12 July 2020

Alice in Wonderland Flag Book

I made the Flag book for the Gecko Galz Welcome to Wonderland Blog Challenge for July 2020 and also for July 2020 Keys and Keyholes Challenge and the Colour Me Fantastic Challenge July 2020 on the Gecko Galz Papercrafting group on Facebook



I made this book using black cardstock, the size of the book is 43/4 inches by 33/4 inches. All of the images and background papers are from the Gecko Galz on their Etsy store.

I learnt how to make a Flag book from a workshop by Tracy Evans who also designs stamps for AAll & Create, Tracy Evans is also on youtube.

I papered the front and back covers using a pretty backing paper. The main image is matt and layered on black cardstock. The keyhole I made out of paper clay and I painted it black and highlighted the design with silver coloured guilding paste


I decorated the inside front cover and the back cover with a lovely image and mounted these on black card stock



The inside of the book is made as card flaps that fold flat when the book is closed. I added four small tags to the edge on the back page and decorated using patterned paper

These are the images and background paper that I have used

Wonderland 1 and 2
Wonderful Wonderland 1 and 2
Wonderland Dominoes
Wonderland ATCS 1 and 3
Looking Glass

I want to enter 
Welcome to Wonderland Challenge 1 - 29th July 2020


6 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous flag book! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Gecko Galz with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Gecko Galz
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Wonderland flag book is amazing and perfect for the Gecko Galz challenge! Lovely papers and images and so much detail to look at. Great project, Janet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole for your kind and supportive comment

      Delete
  3. this book is pure genius! marvelously done! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele for your lovely comment

      Delete