Monday 19 January 2015

Shabby Chic box

I decorated this small wooden box as a gift for a friend. The pretty paper is a digital download paper set that I purchased from Kitty's Scrap post on Zibbet, the name of the paper design is "Lovestruck". I painted the box first using pink acrylic paint and then I papered the box. The frame is from Fernli Designs based in the UK. I painted the frame pink and then I heat embossed the frame using a pretty pink embossing powder




 The digital image of the lady I purchased from Etsy and I cut it out and adhered it to the centre seperate section of the frame and then I went over that using heat embossing powder in clear to protect the image and also to add a glazed effect to the photograph. I then adhered the frame to the centre of the box lid. I added a pretty gathered trim around the edges of the box. The flower spray I made using Wild Orchid Craft flowers in pink and cream roses and rosebuds to match the background paper


5 comments:

  1. So beautiful Janet. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Janet. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beate for your lovely comment

      Delete
  3. A wonderful keepsake box, Janet. I'm sure your friend was thrilled with it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole for your lovely comment

      Delete