Thursday 15 January 2015

Shabby Chic altered photo frame

I bought this frame from a charity shop in the UK. I papered the frame using patterned paper in a book print design and then added a light coat of white gesso over that to lighten it up. I then used some pretty lace to go around all of the four sides of the frame and added some wedding appliques on the top and bottom corners. I used a strip of tulle fabric and gathered it for the base of the flower and then used a cream fabric rosette and added a pretty pearl and rhinestone centre to the flower by gluing each layer seperately. I added flat back pearls in cream around the edges of the frame to add some interest. I purchased the photograph of the lady from the internet and changed the colour of the photograph to black and white


12 comments:

  1. Hello Janet, welcome to blogland.
    Lovely project as always.
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland my friend x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI WHAT A STUNNING PIECE OF ART LOVE IT XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Janet. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Janet. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous frame! Beautiful lace and gorgeous appliqué make this frame so special . It would be a gorgeous wedding keepsake! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole for your lovely comment

      Delete