Tuesday 26 December 2023

Decorated Note Book

I made this for the Winter Elegance Challenge on the Gecko Galz Blog 

The beautiful image is from the Gecko Galz Blog.

Using white gesso to prime the covers of the note book and makes it easier to adhere down the paper. 

For the top part of the front cover of the paper I gave it a light coat of Distress Oxide ink in picked raspberry to make it look more vibrant. The colours in the paper match the image.

When dry I gave it a coat of Multi Medium Matte to protect the paper around the image and I also used the same medium on the back cover



I then adhered the image on the front cover of the book and framed it using white pretty lace. I then used chipboard snowflakes that I lightly coloured with white chalk and I also used little lace flowers on the top right and bottom left corners of the frame section and finished the whole look using silver coloured embellishments

Gecko Galz

2 comments:

  1. Your altered notebook is so very pretty, Janet! I love the lace detail and the snowflake embellishments. Very nice colours too!
    Thank you for joining the December Gecko Galz blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole for your kind and supportive comment

      Delete