Tuesday 7 February 2017

A Shabby Chic style Fabric and Lace mitten


I found a free template on the internet and printed it out. Then cutting around the shape of the template I cut out two pieces of cream felt. As I am not a sewer I glued the two pieces of the mitten shape together around the edges using fabric glue leaving the top part open so the mitten can be used as a pocket. Using a wide white lace I laid that over the front and the back of the mitten and glued it down using fabric glue. To edge the mitten I used two different widths of cream lace and pearl trim around the edges on the front and the back of the mitten. The image I purchased from Etsy and printed that out onto printable inkjet canvas.

I cut out the image and glued that down to the mitten then I used a crocheted frame and some pearl trim to decorate around the image. I cut a plastic snowflake in half and slotted those in either side of the frame to add decoration tucking each piece underneath the crochet frame. Around the top part of the cuff I used gathered net lace and edged that using lace and braid in colours to match the mitten. I added a handmade flower to the top right using gathered lace and sections of eyelash wool then added two separate gold coloured appliques and tucked those in either side of the hand made flower, I also added an embellishment to the centre. For the smaller flower next to the image I used two fabric flowers one white and one in gold and added an embellishment to the centre. Finally I added a cream tassel and sections of eyelash wool and attached the tassel to the top section of the mitento finish off the whole look

4 comments:

  1. This mitten is breath taking Janet!!
    http://stephaniebscreativedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment Stephanie Bargelski

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful, textural mitten! I love the monochrome tones of the lace, pearls and tassels. You put a lot of work and love into each of your beautiful vintage and shabby chic projects! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Carole it is very much appreciated

      Delete